Niagara 3216PT Configurations
|Product Family Name||Niagara
|SFP+/SFP PacketMaster Ports||16|
|Passive TAP Segments||4|
Support for PacketMaster Ports:
10G SFP+ Direct Attached Cable*
*Direct attached cable is supported for transmission distances of 1,2,3,5,8, and 10 meters
The Niagara 3216PT is a hybrid system family containing up to 16 ports of 10G SFP+ PacketMaster and 4 segments of 10G Passive TAP for network analysis and monitoring applications. This PacketMaster family has flexible and extensive configuration options which enable it to be tailored to customize the way traffic is managed. The system can support L2-L4 packets, IPv6 and IPv4 traffic, MPLS packets, and provides the ability to customize keys for distribution. The Packet Master provides sophisticated features for flexible traffic management including mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine.
Due to its versatility and flexibility, the system can support mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine. There are several loadbalancing methodologies supported which enable traffic to be distributed according to any configured output of ports and the distributing key can be defined as follows:
- VLAN ID -- packets belonging to the same VLAN will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Src -- packets belonging to the same IP source will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Dst -- packets belonging to the same IP destination will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Src -- packets belonging to the same MAC source will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Dst -- packets belonging to the same MAC destination will be redirected to the same port.
- TCP-Port -- packets with the same TCP port will be redirected to the same port.
- UDP-Port -- packets with the same UDP port will be redirected to the same port.
- User Defined Byte (UDB) - where the key for distribution is configurable and all the packets with the same key will be redirected to the same port.
Niagara 3216PT Diagram
PacketMaster GUI Screenshots
- 16 Ports of 10G SFP+ Packet Master Ports for flexible 10G or 1G configuration
- 4 segments of 10G Fiber Passive TAP:
- Full duplex, zero packet loss, passive monitoring
- Supports LC connectors
- Support for SR, LR
- The Optical split ratio is factory configurable 90/10 or 80/20
- Load balancing according to multiple key definitions
- MPLS, Q in Q support
- Session aware load balancing
- User defined bytes for filtering
- Port failover mechanism
- Counters for ingress and egress traffic
- RMON statistics
- TACACS+ for centralized authentication
- Syslog for events logging
- SNMP management and reporting
- CLI and Web-based management and configuration
- Mirroring of one to many and any to any
- Secure logging and secure management
- Support for a total of 2000 filtering and redirection rules
|Operating Temperature||0 to 55 °C or 32 to 131 °F|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95%|
|Maximum Power Consumption||Up to 150 Watts|
|Niagara 3216PT||16 SFP+/SFP Packet Master Ports & 4 10G Passive TAP segments|