Niagara 4224-24TX Configurations
10G SFP+ Direct Attached Cable*
*Direct attached cable is supported for transmission distances of 1,2,3,5,8, and 10 meters
The Niagara 4224-24TX family is a 10 Gigabit Hardware-based PacketMaster/Loadbalancer with up to 48 ports for network analysis and monitoring applications. The system support 24 ports of 10GBASE-T (including support for 1G RJ45 Copper) and up to 24 ports SFP+ support including multi-mode, single-mode and copper options. The Packet Master has flexible and extensive configuration options which enable it to be tailored to optimize the way traffic is managed. The system can support L2-L4 packets, IPv6 and IPv4 traffic, MPLS packets and provides the ability to customize keys for distribution. The PacketMaster provides sophisticated features for flexible traffic management including mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine.
Due to its versatility and flexibility, the system can support mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine. There are several loadbalancing methodologies supported which enable traffic to be distributed according to any configured output of ports and the distributing key can be defined as follows:
- VLAN ID -- packets belonging to the same VLAN will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Src -- packets belonging to the same IP source will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Dst -- packets belonging to the same IP destination will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Src -- packets belonging to the same MAC source will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Dst -- packets belonging to the same MAC destination will be redirected to the same port.
- TCP-Port -- packets with the same TCP port will be redirected to the same port.
- UDP-Port -- packets with the same UDP port will be redirected to the same port.
- User Defined Byte (UDB) - where the key for distribution is configurable and all the packets with the same key will be redirected to the same port.
PacketMaster GUI Screenshots
- 24 Ports 10GBASE-T Copper (which can support 1G RJ45 Copper)
- Up to 24 ports 10 Gigabit SFP+ (support 1G SFP fiber or copper)
- Low Power Consumption - 265 Watts
- Traffic Distribution and session-based load balancing
- Traffic Aggregation
- Mirroring of one to many and any to any
- L2, L3 and L4 filtering
- Packet slicing
- MPLS, Q in Q support
- Port Failover Mechanism
- Advanced Management - Syslog, TACACS+, RMON, secure WEB, CLI, SSH, counters
- Web GUI - intuitive “drag and drop” and “point & click” configuration of input ports, output ports and filters
- 1U Rackmount Form Factor
- Dual AC or DC Redundant removable power supplies for maximum reliability
- Front to back and back to front airflow (factory configurable)
- Support for a total of 2000 filtering and redirection rules
|Operating Temperature||0 to 55 °C or 32 to 131 °F|
|Operating Humidity||5% min, 95% max, non-condensing|
|Maximum Power Consumption||Up to 265 Watts|
|Niagara 4224-24TX||24 port 10GBASE-T Copper & 24 port 10 Gigabit SFP+ Hardware PacketMaster/Loadbalancer|
|Niagara 4216-24TX *||24 port 10GBASE-T Copper & 16 port 10 Gigabit SFP+ Hardware PacketMaster/Loadbalancer|
|Niagara 4208-24TX *||24 port 10GBASE-T Copper & 8 port 10 Gigabit SFP+ Hardware PacketMaster/Loadbalancer|
* Please contact factory for more information.