Niagara 4330-8X Configurations
40G QSFP+ (SR, LR, Direct Attached*)
*Direct attached cable is supported for transmission distances of 1,2,3,5,8, and 10 meters
The Niagara 4330-8X is a Hardware based Traffic Distribution and Loadbalancing/PacketMaster system family. The 4330-8X family has flexible and extensive configuration options. The systems can support L2-L4 packets, IP traffic, MPLS packets, and it provides the ability to customize key for distribution. The ports support up to 30 40 Gigabit QSFP+, and up to 8 ports of 1 Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP and SFP+ support including multi mode, single mode and extended mode fiber. The PacketMaster provides sophisticated features for flexible traffic management including mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine.
Due to its versatility and flexibility, the system can support mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive filtering engine. There are several loadbalancing methodologies supported which enable traffic to be distributed according to any configured output of ports and the distributing key can be defined as follows:
- VLAN ID -- packets belonging to the same VLAN will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Src -- packets belonging to the same IP source will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Dst -- packets belonging to the same IP destination will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Src -- packets belonging to the same MAC source will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Dst -- packets belonging to the same MAC destination will be redirected to the same port.
- TCP-Port -- packets with the same TCP port will be redirected to the same port.
- UDP-Port -- packets with the same UDP port will be redirected to the same port.
- User Defined Byte (UDB) - where the key for distribution is configurable and all the packets with the same key will be redirected to the same port.
PacketMaster GUI Screenshots
- Various 40G QSFP+ and 10G SFP+ ports with flexible 10G or 1G configurations available
- Load balancing according to multiple key definitions
- MPLS, Q in Q support
- Session aware load balancing
- User defined bytes for filtering
- Port failover mechanism
- Counters for ingress and egress traffic
- RMON statistics
- TACACS+ for centralized authentication
- Syslog for events logging
- SNMP management and reporting
- CLI and Web-based management and configuration
- Mirroring of one to many and any to any
- Secure logging and secure management
- Support for a total of 2000 filtering and redirection rules
|Operating Temperature||0°C – 45°C (32°F - 113°F)|
|Operating Humidity||5%–95%, non-condensing|
|Maximum Power Consumption||325 Watts|
|Niagara 4330-8X||30 ports of 40G QSFP+ & 8 10G SFP+ PacketMaster Ports for flexible 10G or 1G configuration|